Nursing Homes: Set Up a Skype Call Center for Holiday Cheer
Looking for a great, inexpensive way to create some good will and holiday cheer at the nursing home this year? Why not set up a call center using Skype? Residents, families, and staff members can sign up to call loved ones around the globe, conversing with them via video call.
- A laptop or desk-top computer set up with FREE Skype
- A semi-quiet, semi-private area for conversations
- Tech support, or volunteers who know how to use Skype (for example. high school students or tech-savvy residents)
- A pre-call information sheet for families so they can set up Skype on the computers of those they plan to call.
- A sign-up sheet to maintain order in what is likely to be a wildly popular service